The following method can be applied to flash any Nokia Phone. As an example I'll guide you the way to flash Nokia E71-1 device.
Nokia E71-1; a SmartPhone running Symbian OS v9.2. It is featured with full QWERTY keyboard for one-handed typing. Nokia E71-1 is a succeeded Nokia product with advance features that makes its price wroth.
Here with this article, I'm going to describe you the 100% practical method to flash your device.
This not almost a firmware update, I mainly aim for flashing dead Nokia E71-1device or a device with software issues.
When the device is stucked with Security Lock you can apply this method to re-flash your device. But first of all try this method;
- Turn off the device
- Press * + 3 + Call buttons simultaneously while turn on the phone.
- From this the phone will be restore
But sometimes this method doesn't work and its better to re-flash the device.
- Follow the steps carefully
- This method can be applied for PCs r Windows OSs
- Use a PC with a considerable battery backup
- The connection between the Phone and the PC should be stable
- I am not responsible for the possible damages can be happened to the handset
- Do this in your own risk
- Download and install Pheonix software
- Download the firmware file(RM-346) for the device
- The firmware should be installed to the directory, C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-346
- Download and install Nokia Connectivity Cable Drivers
- Restart the PC
- Connect your Nokia E71 device via USB connectivity cable
- Run "Pheonix"
- Select "NO CONNECTION"
- Then click on "File" and "Open Product"
- Select the product version of the device (RM-346)
- Now click on "Flashing" and then on "Firmware Update"
- In the "Firmware Update" window appeared, select for the Product Code
- If the file path isn't accurate you will see this message. So locate the firmware files accurately in the path mentioned in Step 3
- Then select the desired variant and click "Ok"
- Then check for "Dead phone USB flashing and click on "Refurbish"
- Follow the instructions as in the message box
- Wait until the flashing process is completed
- When the operation completed, a message box will appear
- Thanx :)